Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Paint, Paint and more Paint

So the last 2 weekends have been spent doing nothing but painting the awfully white walls of our house into much more colorful choices, as you will see below in our before and after photos.

I have to say a very big THANK YOU to my mom and dad for coming to help us both weekends.  Without them we would still be painting today.

The first day was spent taping, puttying the numerous holes in the walls, and waiting for that to dry.  Lets just say the previous owners loved nails, screws and anything else they could pound into the wall, and it left quite a mess.  We also discovered that I am not the best at taping, but could maneuver into the small nooks and crannies no one else could. we did however get some painting done in the living room and the whole kitchen was finished.  Sunday was spent in the den/guestroom and our bedroom.  We were not able to get back up to the house until Friday afternoon with my schedule but I put the final coats on in our room and the "brown" wall in the den.  I had so much paint leftover from our bedroom (I had miscalculated the first time, and bought too much the second time) that I decided to also paint my closet.  I spent a good bit of time in there wiping down the walls as they had these weird yellow spots all over, and as with the rest of the house, there were several holes to be patched and left to dry.  Once it was ready to paint I got about halfway finished before Hunter said we had to go, but as we were coming right back on Saturday I figured it was ok.  Saturday, Mom and Dad came back up, and they were bearing gifts...

Mom had graciously agreed to buy and then line all the kitchen cabinet shelves with contact paper.  She also told me that if I brought up all the kitchen "stuff" she had also graciously came and packed the previous Wednesday that she and Daddy would help wash it and put it away so long as I told her where I wanted things to go.  However I don't believe she realized at the time, how many shelves there would be.  Thanks a bunch Mom they look great!!

Daddy and Hunter finished up the living room, hallway and painted Hunter's office, while I finished up painting my closet.  And after another weekend full of work the house is finally ready to move into.  YAY!!!  but then we also have 18 dogs, 8 puppies, 4 cats, and 2 huge fishtanks to move...so we will see how long lived my "YAY!!!" is tomorrow...

Before Painting:










































And After:






No comments:

Post a Comment